Thursday, August 14, 2008

One week down.

It has been a week now, since we made the ever so difficult decision of transitioning our household from one working parent, to two working parents. Shockingly enough, it has gone exceptionally well. We can only hope the next several weeks into months go this smoothly for all of us. While every day ends in complete exhaustion - its been worth it. We spend all of our free time together as a family, which seems to be much more special now than before. J.J. has been so well behaved for his nanny that its quite amazing. The past three mornings he has slept in until 10:30am and still taken his usual 3+ hour nap each day! I definitely think he is getting enough sleep, thats for sure! Sounds a bit strange...but I actually like to hear that he is sleeping so much because then I feel like I am not "missing out" on much since I would not be seeing him if at home anyway if he is sleeping!! Lame, but true! Anything to keep my mind off of missing my little man :( I do have to say, its pretty tough putting him to bed every night and knowing I will not be the one to see that beautiful smile every morning that use to make my day. Going so long without seeing him really does suck - to be quite frank. But slowly I am getting more comfortable.

We have a good weekend planned ahead - then come Monday I start the ACADEMY....
Wish me/us luck!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Congrats on your first week!! I cant BELIEVE he is sleeping so well! What an angel! I bet your nanny is thinking she hit the jackpot! lol. Enjoy your weekend!!

Annie Pennington said...

I'm so glad it's going so well! I'm not surprised, Mr. JJ is just such a good boy I didn't expect anything else from him!! :) Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!