Thursday, August 7, 2008

Making the Transition


Well the time has come - for our household to transition into TWO working parents rather than just one. While I knew this day would come at some point, never did I dream this quickly. And while I was actively seeking a career path and applying for jobs, it never seemed too realistic. Not until today, my first day of work, did the once a surreal feeling, turn into reality.

Yesterday, my last day as a stay-at-home-mommy - J.J. and I tried to make the best of it. Although I think it was just an ordinary day in the eyes of my little man. We giggled, played at the park, giggled some more, read books, watched Spongebob a bit more than usual (you gotta see him sing the Spongebob song), had "treats" mommy normally does not share, and J.J. definitely was on the receiving end of FAR more kisses and hugs than normal. I think by the end of the night, he did not want to even get near me in fear of another kiss and "bear hug". As I tucked him into bed, I walked down a few stairs and sat. The tears began to stream. Where does time go? I remember bringing that beautiful little boy home for the very first time and now 2 1/2 years later I am leaving him and going to work.

My first day was today, and it went well (although boring). The usual paperwork/orientation stuff of every 1st day of work. I left around 7:15am, far before it was time for J.J. to wake up. I'm convinced that while I am REALLY going to miss that beautiful smile of his every morning when he wakes - it is best that I leave before he is up. I know for sure that I would not possibly be able to walk out the door every morning looking into his gorgeous little eyes and say "goodbye". He hung out with his grandma and evidently was just perfect for her! So...I can only hope that he misses me that little every day.


No comments: